IT - Application & Software Development
Feb 19, 2018
What’s in it for you?
Our client offers a competitive compensation & employee benefits plan and a highly collaborative work environment. The office boasts a real start-up vibe/culture with the security of working for an established shop.
- Work on feature development and bug fixes while being a catalyst for implementing technical enhancements and optimizing existing web applications, mobile applications and APIs, ensuring compliance with AODA/WCAG 2.0 standards.
- Develop reusable Front-End UI components as often as possible that can be used on a variety of different web properties ensuring applications are rock solid stable and implemented securely.
- Participating in regular code reviews to help formulate and ensure adherence to internal and industry and best practices and guidelines, conducting unit and security testing and fix bugs where they arise.
- Research, recommend and provide innovative and compelling technical advancements for projects.
- Create and contribute to functional specifications and sustainable technical documentation.
- Participate in concept and design discussions while contributing to the technical roadmap and strategy.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development building scalable commercial-grade consumer focused web applications.
- Solid experience with browser compatibility concerns, Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) and cross domain scripting using easyXDM.
- Experienced in mobile web development with a focus in responsive web design and mobile optimized web applications as well as refining existing sites to be mobile friendly.
- Understanding of object oriented techniques, design patterns (MVC) and comfort working in a JAVA-based development environment. Experience in JAVA an asset.
- Experience with native mobile application development or technologies like Cordova and mobile application platforms such as IBM MobileFirst a great asset.
- Experience with GIT or other version control systems.
- Experience working in an agile development environment, i.e., Scrum, Kanban or XP.
- Experience with Node.js or demonstrable ability to learn.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database technologies, i.e., SQL/RDBMS, i.e., Oracle, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, etc.
- Experience with AODA/WCAG 2.0 standards an asset.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, a related field or equivalent and relevant work experience.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with strong capacity to continuous learning and grow, proven record of task completion with high quality results.
- A team player with excellent communication, problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
Interested applicants should send their resume to email@example.com.
isgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drove ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space.