IT - Application & Software Development
Feb 19, 2018
Our client, a leading Customer engagement/ loyalty/ marketing analytics Firm located right in Downtown Toronto, is looking for Full time QA Developer. The ideal candidate is a software developer at heart with a passion for quality and a hunger to continuously learn. Working on the Quality Assurance team as part of the software development lifecycle, the Quality Assurance Developer will search for, investigate, reproduce, document, and track issues through resolution. Responsible to create, update and execute new and existing test plans and programmatically design new automated test assets, ensuring Exchange Solutions is consistently producing quality software. The ideal candidate will have a passion for QA, have a DevOps mindset and driven to automate integration, performance and security testing in to a continuous integration delivery pipeline
What’s in it for you?
Our client offers a competitive compensation & employee benefits plan and a highly collaborative work environment. The office boasts a real start-up vibe/culture with the security of working for an established shop.
- Automate full regression tests and performance load tests in to a continuous delivery build pipeline.
- Follow engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship to other team members.
- Work closely with software developers, IT operations, technical solutions architects and product managers to review product requirements and system design from a testing perspective.
- Establish and build test plans, test requirement matrices, test design/specifications and test cases as required.
- Test software builds, detect all deficiencies, document and track them in Jira through resolution.
- Share your expertise and collaborate with the Quality Assurance team members in the execution of all testing assignments.
- Operate as a self-starter and possess the technical aptitude in troubleshooting both software and environment issues.
- Be a catalyst for continuous improvement aiding in implementing new test strategies and process improvements.
- 3+ years of experience in a QA automation role.
- Experience with one or more automated test frameworks (i.e. Selenium, Robot, Cucumber, etc.)
- Expertise in performance and load testing of front and backend systems using JMeter.
- Experience with or a demonstrable ability to quickly learn containers, orchestration frameworks and infrastructure automation tooling, i.e., Docker, Kubernetes, and Ansible is a great asset.
- Comfortable in agile development environments and team structures using scrum.
- Experience using source code management systems, i.e., Git.
- Well versed in REST and message base microservice architectures, and HTTP protocol.
- Proficient in UNIX/Linux environments and shell scripting.
- Proficient in basic SQL operations such as joins and views.
- Experience with Atlassian suite of products, i.e., Jira, Confluence, Stash, and Bamboo a great asset.
Nice to Have:
- Degree in Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent knowledge/capability from other disciplines and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Ability to play well with others, motivate other team members, and thrive in a fast paced and challenging work environment.
- Able to set goals, make and keep commitments to achieve scheduled deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.