IT - Application & Software Development
Feb 19, 2018
To drive future growth, our client is dramatically scaling their platform to build new products.
They want to hire a technical Team Lead that has a proven record of leading and influencing a massive technology overhaul using nothing but the best products, patterns, and practices and thrives in an agile environment!
They believe in decoupled, message-driven, and distributed systems. They strive to keep codebases small and manageable. The backend tiers are presently JVM-based. They are using or considering technologies like Angular, Bootstrap, Jersey for REST, Java 8, Scala, Kafka, Spark, Storm, Mongo, ElasticSearch, Docker, Ansible, and so on.
What you bring
- 5-7+ years of web development under your belt
- Expert in Java and the JVM
- Used modern JS web frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS, etc)
- Actively involved in, bring up and defend software design decisions
- Mentor fellow Developers, share the experience and help them get better
- Worked in an Agile environment, done Scrum, can take on Scrum Master role.
- Stay up-to-date with new web technologies on the front and back end through self-study, blogs, meetups, conferences, etc.
- Always have quality in mind and you employ community accepted testing principles, best practices, and tooling
- You push for better Development Practices, better Code, better Solutions
- Thrive in a highly collaborative company environment where agility is paramount
- Pro-active with your technical training and stay up-to-date in such ways like participating in local meetups, blogging, or contributions to OSS.
- Experience crafting responsive single page applications (SPA’s) using Angular and Bootstrap
- Experience building distributed data platforms with high availability concerns and are easily horizontally scaled
- Have put on Scrum Master hat recently
- Knowledgeable with Continuous Integration & Delivery principles with an eye for automation
- An interest or experience with various data ingestion, aggregation, and real time analytics solutions
- Experience with older Enterprise Java tooling (we have to keep the lights on!) such as Websphere, Rational Application Developer, Hibernate, DB2, Spring, EJB, etc.
- Experience with cryptography API’s and an understanding of PKI principles
- Experience working in a PCI DSS certified environment