IT - Application & Software Development
Feb 19, 2018
We are looking for a highly motivated Project Manager to join our Information Technology team in Toronto on full time basis. In this role, you will manage key projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. Management of the overall Project, inter-dependencies and resources is critical to the success of this role. This role is also required to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables, manage project budget and manage the Steering Committee forum, if required.
You will be a key member of an engaged, high-reaching team—part of a world-class, winning culture that prioritizes people development and focuses on long-term growth. We take great pride in leading the industry by earning respect through every interaction, every day. We go above and beyond to protect and grow relationships by anticipating needs, being honest and considerate, and valuing customers as genuine partners.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
o Ensure the project is delivered on time, on scope and on budget
o Develop and manage project plan, defining all dependencies and critical path to meeting target schedule
o Identify and manage project dependencies, including external project dependencies
o Provide clear, timely and accurate communications to the project team members on all aspects of the project, including decisions made by the Steering Committee; manage project integration and co-ordination
o Resolve project issues through facilitation or direct intervention
o Assess, manage and mitigate project risks. Communicate risks to the Steering Committee and project team members as appropriate
o Develop and publish the Project Status report
o Present at the Steering Committee as required and address expectations and concerns through clear communication and pro-active follow-ups
o Support assignment and mobilization of project resources as required
o Manage project change and communicate impacts to stakeholders and development teams
o Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
o Accountable for overall quality assurance of project team deliverables
o Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and/or unsuccessful project elements.
o Participate in the advancement of the IT Project Management Office by developing frameworks, processes and procedures to be applied to IT projects
o Manage the implementation of governance processes across projects
To succeed in this role, you:
• 10 years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
• University degree and related job experience.
• Project Management Institute, PMP Certification beneficial.
• Demonstrated experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of project management processes, disciplines and execution essential
• Demonstrated experience working with business and technology leaders in a collaborative/interactive manner
• Able to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience representing an entire IT portfolio (and/or a program of work consisting of multiple projects and interdependency projects) to multiple business owners with potential conflicting priorities
• Demonstrated experience in having worked in or worked with the Program Management Office (PMO) for at least one large-scale business project/program
• Demonstrated experience in managing project financials and forecasting
• Experience in various project development methodologies (i.e. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative, etc.).
• Experience in Real Estate industry is desirable.
• Proven experience in risk management
• Proven experience in change management
• Proficient in project management software
• Thrive in organizations that constantly evolve and adapt.
• Embrace collaborative sharing of knowledge within a teamwork environment
• Driven to achieving results and continuously striving to deliver the highest performance through creative thinking