IT - Project Management
Jan 21, 2018
Our client is a leading post secondary institution in Toronto west. The Information Technology Services team is looking for a Program Manager to oversee two enterprise-wide ERP projects.
The program manager will be responsible for oversight of and direction to the technical project teams, coordinating the requirements for services from operational technology groups, actively participating in the ERP project governance and providing leadership of the enterprise project teams to manage information, timelines and resources that are shared.
The ideal candidate will be a project manager who has managed 3rd party ERP software implementations and worked with complex stakeholders and partners.
- Lead reviews with PMOs, executive sponsors and stakeholders to identify issues, risks and actions that require their assistance.
- Actively participate in governance structure lead by the PMOs, provide status and budget updates and manage expenditure within agreed spending plans.
- Ensure and balance the availability of the required skills and competencies across the ERP project teams.
- Lead the collaboration of the enterprise project teams, build an integrated strategy for communications, change management and shared processes and create/maintain an integrated resource view to identify contention.
- Identify requirements for services required from existing operational technology areas and negotiate with managers/directors for resources given the competing demands.
- Strong ability to communicate the ERP projects’ strategic objectives, inspire and motivate technical staff, and maintain alignment with the PMO
- Experience with one or more project/program management methodologies (such as PMI PMBOK, PRINCE2, Agile and MSP [managing successful programs]) and across a range of project types.
- Knowledge of project planning tools, such as Microsoft Project and Project Server, with evidence of practical application.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in IT supporting critical business functions
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse technical teams and managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Experience leading projects involving 3rd party ERP software implementations and data migrations