IT - Application & Software Development
Jan 21, 2018
Our client is the largest privately held wealth management firm in Canada. They are seeking a Manager, IT Development; accountable for the delivery of large scale web development. This accountability includes the management of development staff, solution proposals, solution reviews, collaboration with stakeholders and software development.
This new permanent position requires excellent people management skills, expert level Application Architecture experience, superior communication skills, excellent documentation skills, and the ability to manage in ambiguity with considerable technical acumen.
This position will have responsibility for leading the architecture, development and maintenance of the firm’s applications within a senior team, collaborating with other teams in optimizing system performance and addressing operational issues to meet established Service Level Agreements for product delivery and support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage, mentor and guide a team of 6 senior software developers, including performance reviews, compensation reviews and day-to-day task management
• Interpret functional Business Intelligence requirements and translate them into an effective application logical and system design
• Document solutions in a Technical Design document, data flow diagram or other appropriate manner in line with established SDLC workflows
• Create functional requirement documents to reflect business goals
• Research alternatives and provide recommendations for application design that are based on industry best practices
• Liaise with business units, including Wealth Management, Capital Markets and IT stakeholders, collecting requirements and advising on solutions
• Collaborate with the Project Management team on resourcing, solution estimations and project delivery as part of the SDLC
• Collaborate with the Business Analysis team on solution design as part of the SDLC
• Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team on code improvements and defects as part of the SDLC
• Lead specification development for the target production implementation including performance, capacity planning and storage requirements.
• Conduct code reviews, by and for peers
• Report of day to day activities, collecting metrics and identifying areas of improvement
• Team-level management experience
• Proven expertise of Application design and development with minimum of 10 years of full project development
• Expert level proficiency with Application & Web Technologies
• Minimum of 5+ years in the financial/wealth management industry, preferably interacting with Dataphile or ISM back-office applications as well as trading platforms like Fidessa
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to take ownership and juggle multiple projects and tasks
• Ability to work against tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• C#, .Net Development
• Microsoft UI Stack - MVC, ASP.NET
• UI Stack – Kendo UI, Angular, JQuery, Knockout, ASP.NET
• Web Services - XML, JSON
• Waterfall / Agile Methodologies
• Post-Secondary Education in Computer Science preferred
• Completion of Canadian Securities Course (CSC) preferred