IT - Application & Software Development
Jan 21, 2018
Our client with headquarters in Toronto, and around the world is a leader in eCommerce security. We are seeking very senior full stack developers to join their innovation scrum teams.
We want to hire developers that are eager to have significant influence on a massive technology overhaul using nothing but the best products, patterns, and practices!
We believe in decoupled, message-driven, and distributed systems. We strive to keep codebases small and manageable. We’re interested in reactive design patterns that will make our systems more resilient and responsive, yet remain elastic to change. As we proceed through our technology roadmap we are evaluating new community endorsed technologies for every tier of our platform. Our backend tiers are presently JVM-based. We are using or considering technologies like Angular, Bootstrap, Jersey for REST, Java 8, Scala, Kafka, Spark, Storm, Mongo, ElasticSearch, Docker, Ansible, and so on.
What you bring:
- At least a few years of web development under your belt
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Java and the JVM
- Used modern JS web frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS, etc)
- Not afraid to speak your mind about software design and on the flip side you handle any criticism of your ideas with grace
- Stay up-to-date with new web technologies on the front and back end through self-study, blogs, meetups, conferences, etc.
- Always have quality in mind and you employ community accepted testing principles, best practices, and tooling
- You push for better Development Practices, better Code, better Solutions
- Thrive in a highly collaborative company environment where agility is paramount
- Pro-active with your technical training and stay up-to-date in such ways like participating in local meetups, blogging, or contributions to OSS.
- Experience crafting responsive single page applications (SPA’s) using Angular and Bootstrap
- Experience building distributed data platforms with high availability concerns and are easily horizontally scaled
- An interest or experience with various data ingestion, aggregation, and real time analytics solutions
- Knowledgeable with Continuous Integration & Delivery principles with an eye for automation
- Experience with older Enterprise Java tooling (we have to keep the lights on!) such as Websphere, Rational Application Developer, Hibernate, DB2, Spring, EJB, etc.
- Experience with cryptography API’s and an understanding of PKI principles
- Experience working in a PCI DSS certified environment