IT - Application & Software Development
Apr 25, 2018
Our client, an innovator in the eCommerce landscape in the GTA, is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join the team. If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, this is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Their growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join a key team within the organization. Reporting to the DevOps Manager, the incumbent will work closely with scrum teams and Production Operations to ensure smooth delivery of releases. You will be building self-service tools for developers and advancing our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery agenda.
- Bride any knowledge gaps between Operations and Development
- Support the scrum teams in delivering product in a consistent, repeatable and reliable manner
- Contribute to the careful planning of deployments and improvements to continuous integration and continuous deployment pipeline
- Build automations and processes to quickly onboard new technologies into our platform so that these technologies can be rapidly provisioned throughout multiple production and non-production environments
- Work efficiently with an exceptional attention to detail around a high security environment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Computer Science, Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working with Linux (5+ years)
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience using Chef (2+ years)
- Knowledge around Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes or similar Container technologies
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration best practices
- Experience with setting up a Continuous Delivery pipeline to production.
- Experience writing infrastructure code for cloud environments such as AWS, GCP or OpenStack.
- Strong scripting/development knowledge (Ex. Shell/Python/Ruby/Perl)
- Breadth of general technical knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a cross functional team
- Experience with OpenStack
- Experience working in a high security or heavily regulated environment
- Familiar with Ansible