IT - Application & Software Development
Jan 21, 2018
Our client, a leading Financial Services company located downtown, is seeking a We are seeking an experienced Team Leader to lead a team of highly skilled developers, and deliver complex internal system development projects across a variety of products and technologies. As well as being an experienced Development Team Leader you will also be highly technical and hands-on capable, you will lead development projects across many applications within the .NET portfolio.
What’s in it for you?
Our client is located downtown and Mississauga, they offer a competitive compensation & employee benefits plan. At the same time, our client empowers its teams to harness new ideas, and allows staff to unleash their imaginations to create innovative products and services to improve our service and respond to customer needs.
- Line management and personal development of a team of geographically dispersed highly skilled developers
- Managing the delivery of multiple complex simultaneous system development projects from design through to testing
- Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
- Working closely with Development Project Managers and Business Analysts to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery
- Provide regular and effective progress updates to, and work closely with, the Head of Development and Project Managers to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
- Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress
- Work closely with relevant teams internally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems
- Supporting project resource scheduling and department capacity planning
- Contribution to the definition of departmental and systems strategies and progression of any allocated objectives
Qualifications and Skills
- College Diploma or University degree in a related field
- 2+ years of experience in lead roles
- 10+ years of hands on overall development experience
- Accomplished SQL Skills to include data management, mining, and modelling
- Experience with working in Agile development methodology, and a DevOps environment an asset
- Well-developed analytical skills, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in formal personal development planning and individual, team and process performance management
- Proven experience in leading and managing the delivery of system/software development projects in a structured environment
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches and methodologies including Agile and Waterfall.
- Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
- Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques and process improvement approaches
- Exemplary communication skills are a must
- High performance mind-set, with the ability to work in a team-oriented
Nice to have
- Accounting or financial services technical experience considered an asset