IT - Project Management
Dec 15, 2017
Our client, a major Canadian consumer packaged goods company with head offices in the GTA, is seeking a senior IS Project Manager.
The IS Project Manager role resides in the Project Management Office and is responsible for end-to-end project delivery based on organizational goals and objectives. The successful candidate will demonstrate advanced project management experience including a full understanding but not limited to the SAP full implementation and total project life cycle, possess excellent problem-solving and communication skills, a high degree of flexibility, and ability to collaborate at all levels.
This position leads and manages the project and is accountable for project deliverables and results, with full accountability and authority to multiple stakeholders for the development, execution, and monitoring of the project, including: (1) vision and technical strategy; (2) project management; (3) documentation and communication; (4) stakeholder(s) relationships; and (5) coordination and synergy with other projects and operational activities. (6) change management to support the successful implementation of the project.
What’s in it for you?
Our client is located in the GTA West and offers a competitive compensation & employee benefits plan as well as an RRSP/Profit Sharing program.
- Lead the planning of projects consisting of managing timelines and coordination of an integrated project team and sub-team activities (internal and external resources)
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project scope, tasks and estimate resource skills and requirements in a detailed project plan
- Perform quality assurance on deliverables including setting and controlling scope, budget and timeline
- Communicating status and vision to client management and stakeholders
- Budget forecasting, budgeting and tracking
- Execute change management activities for go live readiness
- Manage project execution to approved timelines, deliverables, and budget; communicate progress, key issues, and risks to all stakeholders
- Prepare project related content materials as required inclusive of Sponsor Committee updates and project status reports that capture status, key issues, risks, mitigating actions, and potential solutions per the standard program / project governance and methodology
- Track project deliverables using the standard tools (SharePoint and MS Project Server)
- 8-10 years related Project Management field experience
- Minimum of 3 successful full SAP implementations as Project lead role
- Experience leading change and managing in a complex environment
- Managing a team with more than 20 team members preferred
- Demonstrated leadership who inspires a team and managerial skills
- Demonstrated client relationship management skills
- Ability to work closely with Process Owners and other key stakeholders to communicate progress and vision and facilitate buy-in
- Strong process and industry knowledge within CPG
- Deep understanding of SAP software; preferably in Supply Chain and Manufacturing but not limited to
- Deep understanding of project implementation methodology
- A facilitator who is able to influence and manage change
- Flexible management style with ability to adapt leadership style to situation
- Ability to manage large volume of work through effective prioritization, communication and excellent execution
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in dealing with all levels of the business
- Solid business sense – in tune with the business, shows an interest in the other departments of the business and how they contribute to the overall success of the company
- A proven problem solver with ability to manage in ambiguous and complex environment
- Self-starter with strong bias for action and follow through
- University undergraduate degree in related discipline or equivalent
- PMP certification preferred
isgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drove ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space.