IT - Application & Software Development
Oct 21, 2017
Senior Database Developer
Our client is a diverse group of extremely smart, social and entrepreneurial people that specialize in finding wealth management solutions while maintaining a healthy disregard for the impossible.
About the role
Our Client is looking for a top-tier database developer to join our team to help us build great software products for the wealth management industry.
The successful candidate will work as part of a larger team building products for our customers. A strong candidate will understand all aspects of product development, from usability to performance, as well as propose patterns and solutions to complex problems. Ideal candidates will have a university degree and 8+ years of software development experience. Applicants should exhibit excellent technical skills; passing a written test is mandatory.
- 8+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server at an Enterprise level
- Experience with creating data partitioning and large volume data loads
- Expertise in creating stored procedures / functions
- Experience in performance tuning and optimization
- Experience with locks (deadlocks), database execution plans and plan caches
- Experience with n-tier applications architecture
- Ability to manage upwards
- Strong communication skills
- Can work independently
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience with SQL Server mirroring and replication an asset
- Experience with any other major DB platform is an asset
- Experience with SSRS and SSIS is an asset
- Knowledge of investing and finance is an asset