IT - Application & Software Development
Oct 21, 2017
Our client is a leading pension fund that is looking for a Manager - Server & Storage. This is a people manager role, however requires the resource remain highly technical.
We are recruiting for a full time Manager, Systems Engineering reporting to the Sr. Manager, IT Infrastructure Engineering.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
- Act as product manager responsible for overall design of the product line and feature decisions, based on understanding of latest technology advancement and market trends, married with internal needs.
- Provides leadership of Systems Engineering including advancing capabilities and operational procedures
- Be accountable for server and storage technologies portfolio including Windows, Linux, Virtualization, Storage and their associated vendors, platforms, products, roadmap, life cycle, contracts and assets
- Be accountable for overall systems availability, performance, capacity and currency (end of life)
- Oversees server and storage projects, gear technical directions, assign resources and ensure the quality of outcomes
- Provides financial management including budgeting, forecasts, accruals and invoice review/approvals
- Manages key vendor relationships for server and storage technologies
- Provides strong L3 support capabilities while partnering with a managed services vendor to provide front line L1 & L2 support
- Oversees the Systems Engineering team consists of 4-5 members. Builds and retains a team of technology professionals focused on meeting current and future needs; organizes and leads team initiatives and is capable of being hands-on when required
- Identifies and addresses various technology risks eg. access control, cyber threats, data leakage, etc.
- Provides leadership and implementation expertise on IT efficiency and automation
- Demonstrates strong partnerships with internal application teams and understanding of the business needs.