IT - Application & Software Development
Oct 21, 2017
Our client, a leading technology company in the GTA is seeking a Data Lead to help drive organizational vision for industry leading growth and increased market share using technology as an enabler and difference maker.
What’s in it for you?
Our client is located in the GTA North and offers a competitive compensation & employee benefits plan as well as an RRSP/Profit Sharing program. At the same tome, our client empowers its teams to harness new ideas, and allows staff unleash their imaginations to create innovative products and services to improve our service and respond to customer needs.
- Lead and manage a team of 6-7 multi-disciplinary developers, including performance reviews and career development planning
- Acting as Scrum Master in the development process
- Lead technical discussions where evaluating and executing design and development plans for data related functionality/activities are reviewed. You will be the “go-to” person with full understanding of all Data Structures
- Apply current skills and use up-to-date and modern technologies to complete projects as part of the development cycle including:
- Test automation for Agility
- Debugging for Stability
- Reliability for Scaling
- Performance analysis
- Working with the DevOps team, the candidate will ensure the data platform has the appropriate amount of automation, monitoring and support scripts
- The individual and team will act as level 3 support for the data platform and will work with the DevOps team to resolve issues
- Develop and maintain both operational and data warehouse conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Support the DBA's and Architects to provide the best solutions to meet current project needs that are aligned with strategic direction
- Manage and maintain the data model library and data inventory
- Review and approve the data designs and derive logical patterns for integration into the model
- Construct data templates for data ingestion, define and ensure the adherence to data loading best practices
- Lead and support a team for ingestion of data into the tax application
Reporting to the Director of Application Services, the Data Lead will play a key role in the development effort for a business platform. Main responsibilities include managing a team of application developers, working with business users to map and manage the ingestion of new data sources into the data tier and manage and improve the existing data model.
The right candidate must have excellent development skills, possess written and verbal communication skills, and be extremely well organized and analytical with an ability to work well under pressure. They will institute and adhere to best practices, be a strong team leader as well as a proactive individual contributor.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other developers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies related to Data Management and Data Development
- Experience with designing and developing back end data systems for larger scale SaaS applications
- Familiarity with concepts of meta data management, data stewardship, data quality, IT governance, enterprise data models, and enterprise frameworks
- A strong understanding of basic to complex concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices using Agile and Automation
- Creative approach to problem solving
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through mentoring, coaching and influencing others
- Strong knowledge and deep experience in implementing best practice driven data onboarding techniques
- A strong understanding of distributed systems and strong experience in using open source framework to build applications is required.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of 7 years of experience is required. 7 to 10 years of experience is preferred
- Proven successful experience of at least 4 years in leading, developing and managing small development teams
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience is required
- Strong work experience with ETL tools such as SSIS and Informatica
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong Experience with different database or data warehouse structures (Relational, Dimensional, NOSQL, etc)