IT - Application & Software Development
Oct 21, 2017
Our client is one of the top Fintech firms in Canada. Located in North GTA, they are seeking a manager for their growing DevOps team.
- Manage a growing team of 8.
- Apply tools such as RACI charts and ticketing systems to organize and optimize work across functional teams.
- Design systems to track workload and produce compelling business cases for when additional resourcing is required.
- Champion an "Everything as code" agenda, for speed, security and stability.
- Understanding developers and operations staff, work collaboratively to drive the improvement of the infrastructure and applications used in product development and delivery.
- Evangelize DevOps cultural change in addition to automation.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience managing technical teams.
- University degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Development and/or operational technical experience, especially cloud based technologies and web service delivery.
- Familiarity with Linux, Java, J2EE web containers, multi-tiered applications, databases, networking, scripting, orchestration tools (Chef, Ansible, etc.), Atlassian tools, git, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at various levels of the organization.
- Highly organized, analytical thinkers strongly preferred.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies, especially Kanban and Scrum.
- Experience working in a high security environment, e-commerce and PCI-DSS a plus.