IT - Application & Software Development
North York, ON
Oct 21, 2017
Our client is a global leader in fraud detection. Located in Toronto, they are seeking a a senior BSA with strong data skills to join the team on a permanent basis.
The primary responsibilities of the Business Systems Analyst will include deep immersion into business and data processes to help deliver solutions for enterprise data, systems, operations and reporting. You will own documenting new and existing solutions and be responsible for designing and developing the processes to ensure the quality and ongoing correctness of the solutions throughout these systems.
- Process documentation and creating design artifacts such as functional design documents and business use cases including gap analysis
- Create end to end departmental process flow maps and training documentation
- Developing and implement test strategies including test rules, scripts and ongoing verification's
- Conducting data analysis including the reconciliation of multiple data sources
- Carry out deep dive analysis into problem areas and issues
- Coordinate the implementation of new business requirements, as well as identify and document changes
Required Skills and Experience:
Technical mandatory requirements
- 5+ Years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst in an IM/IT environment;
- Experience working in a formal SDLC environment involving creating artifacts such as functional and detail design documents, business use cases, and requirements traceability
- 3+ years of designing and building test cases
- 3+ years of Independently investigate and resolve platform and data issues
- Strong SQL scripting skills
Soft skills requirements
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels external to the department, including Product, Project Management, and Development.
- Desire to learn new skills and improve upon current skills, high degree of efficiency, motivation and proactive in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree, an MS or MBA would be considered an asset
- Achieves and exceeds goals through self-motivation, attention to detail and by identifying continuous process & system improvements
Technical Nice to have
- Business Analysis Certification such as CCBA, CPAP, PMI-PBA, or Six-Sigma
- Experience with SAP HANA is a huge plus
- Experience with Jira / Confluence