IT - Application & Software Development
Oct 21, 2017
Full Life cycle Solutions Architect with strong experience in Java, Linux, DB2 Environment
Our client, a leading company in the financial services vertical in the GTA west, is seeking a Solutions Architect. Every day they offer employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
What’s in it for you?
We are looking for a Senior Architect to join our Canada Technology Solutions team. The Senior Architect will drive the architecture, design and development of complex solutions including applications and infrastructure. In this role, the Senior Architect will have a focus on being able to see the big picture across existing and emerging systems with an eye to improving the efficiency of business and IT operations. This role will also function as part of a growing community of global technologists.
Flexibility and openness are valued in our entrepreneurial, business-casual environment. We appreciate quick-learning IT professionals with inner drive, a strong work ethic and the desire to grow.
• Bachelors/Masters degree in computer science or a related discipline preferred with 10+ years of experience in defining, architecting and building software-based IT solutions
• Experience directing or influencing the underlying infrastructure stack supporting both batch and transactional systems
• Strong communication skills that create effective cross team collaboration and quality documentation. Comfortable interacting with senior management and business partners across different teams.
• Ability to think outside the box and apply unconventional solutions to conventional problems.
• Experience in Java or Java based solutions
• Fluency in SQL and database concepts
• Proficiency with Linux/Unix and open source tools and platforms
• Experience working in an agile project development lifecycle
• Strong in-depth knowledge of databases and database concepts.
• CI/CD, Jenkins, automation experience a plus
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Diverse architectural experience including batch, transactional, OLAP/BI/reporting/data mining, microservices, SOA-based and web based systems.
Nice to Have:
• Experience with the broader Ab Initio tool suite such as Express>It, Continuous Flows, Control Center is a plus.
• Hands-on experience with Big Data Technology. Experience with Ab Initio, or similar, is a plus.
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of advance Ab Initio concepts such as, project architecture, meta-programming, vectors, parallelism, performance tuning, debugging, SMP/MPP architectures, platform integrations (Hadoop, Java, C, etc.) is a plus.
isgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drove ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space.