IT - Application & Software Development
Oct 21, 2017
Our client is one of the largest retailers in Canada. With a strong team, they focus on not only bringing in the right technical talent, but also the right personalities. The right candidate will be focused on contributing to the environment as part of a team.
What’s in it for you?
Our client is located in Saskatchewan and offers a competitive compensation, relocation package & employee benefits plan as well as an RRSP At the same time, our client empowers its teams to harness new ideas, and allows staff unleash their imaginations to create innovative products and services to improve service and respond to customer needs.
Under the direction of the Supply Chain Systems Manager, maintains the day to day functionality of selected supply chain applications, including time spent developing system enhancements and installing software upgrades. Finally, in conjunction with systems architects, participate in the design and migration of integrations these systems with JDA PMM as the new foundation for supply chain master data management, as well as to any other new supply chain applications necessary to complete it’s IT transformation away from mainframe. Excellent interpersonal skills, effective time management, and strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills will be important factors for success.
- Ensure all critical applications are operational 24/7. This will include the Supply Chain software packages: Priya (WMS), ePlum, HQ Pricing System, Category Analyzer and Agris. Rely on Knowledge and experience to make required technical decisions to get problems resolved in a timely fashion.
- Install software upgrades. Thoroughly test new software upgrades through a formal test scripting process to make sure all system integrations and processes work as expected prior to deployment.
- Develop new system functionality and enhancements. Initially this will be mainly focused on transition from mainframe integrations to JDA PMM and other new supply chain applications, with related project involvement including integration design, testing, and implementation.
- Log and report on the progress of any bugs or support issues for all the supported systems. As part of this, maintain system downtime logs so that system availability targets can be developed, measured, and evaluated.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 to 7 years of work experience in IT
- Oracle, PL/ SQL Programming, UNIX Shell Scripting, Java and SQL*Plus experience.
- Other Requirements (designations, certifications, specialized training)
- Working knowledge of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Experience in Supply Chain systems.
isgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drove ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space