Jul 22, 2018
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued business and technology transformation initiatives. Their mission is to bring strength, experience and care to everything they do as they pursue their vision of being the best employer, and business partner in Canada.
What’s in it for you?
Make your mark on a Fortune 500 firm by leading and continuing to evolve the function and the partnership between data sciences and enterprise level business operations. They have a high-performing, team-oriented culture and their people are their greatest asset, coming from diverse backgrounds and bringing a wealth of perspectives to their roles, as well as development opportunities to expand your career.
- Overseeing the direction and work-flow of project work undertaken by the Predictive Analytics Division including strategic and growth input and assigning projects as appropriate
- Country-wide and/or province-specific predictive modelling, including identifying, designing and developing applications for implementing predictive analytics
- Developing and testing multiple hypotheses using results to generate and answer questions that will lead to a better understanding of the business
- Identifying and advising of results and their implications to business stakeholders and leadership
- Identify, recommend, develop, and maintain systems and methodology that support robust predictive models and business tools that address business needs and support business decisions to improve our competitive position.
- Ensure effective design, development and implementation of statistical predictive models using data mining techniques, testing, scoring, and monitoring
- In partnership with Information Technology ensure the design and development of big data applications for implementing predictive analytics and machine learning algorithms, with the goal of discovering valuable insights from available data
- Must be able to "sell" the usefulness of data to the lines of business and must be able to explain complex information or models to Laymen and how to use data to partner with the business.
- Masters or PhD in Data Science or a related field
- 8 - 15 years of related experience
- Ability to collaborate with peers and subordinates to reach goals
- The ability to influence, convince, direct and persuade others
- Developing and explaining information (both verbally and in writing) in a well thought out, logical and effective manner.
- Integration skills – to effectively erase the boundaries between the operational departments and promote the concept of one cohesive team.
- Identifying new ideas, techniques and opportunities for improving effectiveness, performance, and productivity is essential.