IT - Application & Software Development
Richmond Hill, ON
Oct 21, 2017
Application Support Specialist
Our client is revolutionizing the payments space and is looking for IT Systems Generalists to help them deliver world-class customer success on this SaaS product.
What’s in it for you?
This is more than systems support; you will act as an extension of the customer’s own technology team to advise best practices and enhance the customer’s overall experience.
- Liaise with customers across various communications channels to provide product support and analysis of business constraints
- Identify and build enhancements to operations including; self-serve options, automation, development of tools which enable customers to service their needs more rapidly and creating tools to eliminate internal repetition
- Educate customers so that they can maximize their investment in the platform.
- Always be on the lookout for ideas and solutions which improve resolution metrics
- Consult with the business to identify and mitigate risks and thereby reducing customer turnover
- Work with the sales team to keep the customer informed of new features and functionalities and provide 360° feedback for future products and releases.
- Experience in UNIX/Linux operating system and system administration
- Experience in scripting with Bash/Perl, configuration management using tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible, and understanding of Apache/Tomcat
- Systems Analysis/Administration (see below) and web services application support
- Experience with Database administration (Oracle DB, MySQL, Microsoft SQL)
- Object Oriented programming in Java is considered a nice to have; additional scripting