IT - Application & Software Development
Oct 21, 2017
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued technology transformation initiatives. Their mission is to bring strength, experience and care to everything they do as they pursue their vision of being the best employer, and business partner in Canada.
What’s in it for you?
The organization continues on major business and technology transformation initiatives, looking to take advantage of the newer trends in technology, including Cloud, IOT, Big Data Mobile. This is a chance to work on the forefront of those transformations and they have a high-performing, team-oriented culture and their people are their greatest asset, coming from diverse backgrounds and bringing a wealth of perspectives to their roles. They also offer flexibility in working from home, as well as development opportunities to expand your career.
- Drive Customer Data System Strategy Initiatives affecting both internal (MDM tool upgrades and Enhancements) and external systems (Policy, Claim, Service Offering etc..);
- Partner with different areas in the enterprise (Agency Sales, Claims and Marketing, Data Analytics etc.) to drive change management in the most efficient manner;
- Drive the evolution of the data eco system;
- Create and Champion Strategic Vision as relates to Customer and Prospect data management and it’s integration to the overall Enterprise Data Strategy;
- Promote Master Data Management patterns and tools;
- Identify and partner with external data providers to carve out the future vision for use of third party data within the enterprise;
- 3-5 years data architecture not just tools
- Strong understanding of Architecture practices across multiple platforms
- Proficient in industry practices for master data management, data quality, metadata management and data modeling (conceptual, logical, physical, dimensional)
- Nice To Have:
- Knowledge of modeling programs (predictive analytics) i.e. R, Python
- Experience in the support of application or data base experience
- Experience in a development area with hands on expertise in software development in various technology types (J2EE, .NET, etc.)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations)
Will need to go to the US for training for 1 month near start of hire. Can come back on weekends.